A digital portfolio dedicated to knowledge exchange of ideas, research evidence and goodwill, highlighting the interdisciplinary and diverse efforts in reducing disasters through public health practice and research
Read the Latest Entries
- Opioids given and monitored by the government instead of various clinics?In City of Vancouver, a pilot program began in providing Fentanyl, a synthetic opioid used to manage severe pain (it is about 50-100 times more potent than morphine). Public Health Agency of Canada |… Read more: Opioids given and monitored by the government instead of various clinics?
- A Clean Bill of Health Newsletter – June 23, 2022Peek Inside today’s A Clean Bill of Health Newsletter: – US President Biden approved State of Montana’s request for a major disaster declaration, which sets in motion federal aid for the three counties devastated… Read more: A Clean Bill of Health Newsletter – June 23, 2022
- Severe Flooding in Yellowstone ParkDid you hear about the Major Disaster Declaration last week over the severe flooding in Yellowstone Park? Last week, US President Biden approved Montana’s request for a major disaster declaration, which sets in… Read more: Severe Flooding in Yellowstone Park
- New Study on Basic Emergency Care education course in UkraineNew paper is out now! The publication is open-access and the web link is https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/12/6/e050871. Publication Title: Evaluation of change in emergency care knowledge and skills among front-line healthcare providers in Ukraine… Read more: New Study on Basic Emergency Care education course in Ukraine
- Are you subscribed to my newsletter yet?Having a weekly newsletter isn’t an easy task especially when not selling anything. For the past 13 weeks, I have curated conversational and important updates to public health, healthcare, and technology intersectional… Read more: Are you subscribed to my newsletter yet?
- 2022 Mental Health Awareness MonthAction is needed to help curb the growing realities of mental health issues among adults and youths. Today may be the last day of #mentalhealthawarenessmonth but our work to improve our mental health is… Read more: 2022 Mental Health Awareness Month
- How can we create frictionless experiences to connect the elderly populations to their healthcare teams?There is an ongoing assumption that elderly communities are averse to technology, but that is not true. Could it be that the digital health companies are just not designing for their needs… Read more: How can we create frictionless experiences to connect the elderly populations to their healthcare teams?
- 1 in 6 Americans live in areas with significant wildfire risk – do you know your risk to wildfire?￼1 in 6 Americans live in areas with significant wildfire risk – do you know your city’s risk for wildfire? Latest modeling built by First Street Foundation shows estimates for America in… Read more: 1 in 6 Americans live in areas with significant wildfire risk – do you know your risk to wildfire?￼
- “No jab, No job” – latest on vaccine mandate in workplace“No jab, No job” is being passed around the workplaces this week. Announcement is from Citi to adopt a COVID-19 vaccine mandate policy, marking first major bank with such policy.